If your device is listed below, and your iOS firmware version is 5.1.1 or older then you can use this method to jailbreak your device and install cydia (Untethered Jailbreak):
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 2G
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad 1
- iPod Touch
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 2G
- iPod Touch 1G
Jailbreaking your device is rather an easy and straight forward process, but here are few tips to make sure that you will have a smooth jailbreak:
- Read about Jailbreak Most Common Issues.
- Read ALL of the instructions below before you start the jailbreak process.
- If you need help, or if you have a question, please use the comment section at the end of this post, or Contact Us.
To start the jailbreak process, please follow the instructions below:
- STEP 1: Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- STEP 2: Download the following:
- STEP 3: After your download is complete, you will need to extract the Redsn0w ZIP file you downloaded, by doing right click on windows or double click on Mac.
- STEP 4: When Redsn0w finish extracting find redsn0w.exe and right click on it, and click on Run as administrator (windows) or Open in Mac (use Ctrl-Click->Open if on Mountain Lion)<>
- STEP 5: Click on Jailbreak button.
- STEP 6: After you click the Jailbreak button you will see a screen with preparation instructions for entering DFU mode. Read through these the on-screen instructions, and follow it accordingly based on your device model and iOS version.
- STEP 7: After you click the Next button you will need to execute the steps shown on-screen:
- Hold down Power (corner) button for 5 seconds.
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home (bottom center) button along with the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Without releasing the home button, stop holding down the power button for up to 15 seconds.
- STEP 8: Now that you entered DFU mode, Redsn0w will begin processing your iOS firmware. When the firmware processing is complete, you will see a screen with a few options for your Jailbreak. Make sure to check Install Cydia, and then click the Next button to begin the actual Jailbreak process. DO NOT interrupt, or use your computer during this time.
- STEP 9: Once Redsn0w finishes and your device reboots, you will have a jailbroken device and you will see a new icon called Cydia.
Most Common Jailbreak Problems:
- Jailbreak Software Does not Recognize IPSW iOS firmware (ZIP file)
- Stuck on Uploading Ramdisk when jailbreaking iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- What to do after downloading jailbreak software compressed (ZIP file)
- White Cydia or Cydia icon is not responding after jailbreaking iOS
- Put iPhone in DFU Mode,Works also for iPad & iPod Touch
- Fix “Missing Keys.plist data for this build”