If your device is listed below, and your iOS firmware version is (6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1, or 6.1.2) then you can use this method to jailbreak your device and install cydia (Untethered Jailbreak):
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad Mini
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad 1
- iPod Touch
- iPod Touch 5G
- iPod Touch 4G
Jailbreaking your device is rather an easy and straight forward process, but here are few tips to make sure that you will have a smooth jailbreak:
- Backup your device before you start (very recommended)
- Read about Jailbreak Most Common Issues.
- Read ALL of the instructions below before you start the jailbreak process.
- If you need help, or if you have a question, please Contact Us.
To start the jailbreak process, please follow the instructions below:
- STEP 1: Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- STEP 2: Download the jailbreak software that is applicable for your computer:
- STEP 2: Make sure that your device is running iOS (6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1, or 6.1.2)
- STEP 3: Make sure you don’t have any passcode set on your iOS device. You can remove Passcode lock by going to Settings>General>Passcode Lock>Off.
- STEP 4: Connect your iOS device to the computer using USB cable.
- STEP 5: Make sure that both iTunes and Xcode (if you have it) are NOT running.
- STEP 6: Now you need to go back to the Evasi0n file you downloaded in STEP 2, and if you are running windows unzip the file (extract) using WinRAR or any other tool that you use to unzip files. For Mac just double click on the Evasi0n. After you extract the compressed file you will find an application named Evasi0n double click on it to launch the jailbreak software.
- STEP 7: Once Evasi0n is running and it recognizes your device click on Jailbreak. Now just wait for the jailbreak software to start the jailbreaking process. Please be patient and do not touch your device or use your computer.
- STEP 8: On your computer Evasi0n will show you the following message “To continue, please unlock your device and tap the new ‘jailbreak’ icon. tap it once! The screen will go black and then return to the home screen” so once you see this message go to your device and find the new jailbreak icon and tap it once.
- STEP 9: The rest of the process is automated, once Evasi0n on computers says “Exit” click it and wait, after a short while, your iOS device will reboot and will see Cydia on the home screen.
- STEP 10: Launch Cydia from the home screen of your iOS device. Be aware that the first run of Cydia after a jailbreak will require you to choose what type of user you are (user, developer or hacker) we recommend that you select user. Please be patient as this could take some time depending on server load.
If you have any questions, or if you are having issues jailbreaking your device, please visit the following page jailbreak most common issues. If you still could not find your answer please contact us.
*Special thanks to all the developers and hackers who made this jailbreak possible: @evad3rs @pimskeks @planetbeing @pod2g @MuscleNerd.