Ultrasn0w 1.2.8 is now here and ready to unlock the iOS 6.1, after Evasi0n has successfully jailbroken the firmware. The important thing to note here is that it won’t unlock the latest basebands because it is only an update for compatibility with the latest Apple iOS 6.1 Firmware.
If you happen to have already unlocked the device with ultrasn01 fixer for the iOS 6.1 / 6.0.1 then there is no need to re-install. The devices that are compatible with this are the iPhone 4 and 3GS with either 6.1 or 6.0.1.
The basebands that are compatible with Ultrasn0w are as follows:
- iPhone 4 baseband 01.59.00
- iPhone 3GS baseband 05.11.07
- iPhone 3GS baseband 05.12.01
- iPhone 3GS baseband 05.13.04
- iPhone 3GS baseband 04.26.08
- iPhone 3GS baseband 06.15.00
How to Unlock iOS 6.1 using Ultrasn0w 1.2.8
1. Firstly it is vital to make use of evasi0n to jailbreak your Apple phone for iOS 6.1
2. Run Cydia from the Springboard.
3. Next, press the manage icon at the bottom of the screen and select the resources option.
4. Once this is done select Edit and tap on Add. Then continue to feed in the following: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com. Once this step is completed, press Add source and select Return to Cydia.
5. Now it is time to search for Ultrasn0w and begin installing it.
6. The iPhone will begin the unlocking process all on its own and you can kick back and relax.
7. Once the whole process is complete, simply reboot the phone and it’s done.
Well done, your iPhone 4 or 3GS has been successfully unlocked and it can now be used on different carriers.
Alternatives to Unlocking the iPhone to Ultrasn0w 1.2.8
There happens to be a factory unlock that can be used for all iOS firmware and basebands regardless of what time they were released at. As a matter of fact this method won’t even require a factory unlock to be made use of.
However, it is important to know which carrier the device is locked to. Once this is done it is necessary to find out if the unlock was eligible in the first place. If all the above steps are completed successfully then one just has to submit the IMEI number and this can be found out by following these menus: Settings > General > About.
If everything goes as planned then all that needs to be done is to follow the instructions that will be provided by the company in the mail and all future updates of the firmware and basebands will be provided without needing to use the Ultras0w tool.
Lastly, although there are many other methods available for performing this unlock, the method outlined here is the most recommended as it can do so for a large variety of popular carriers such as AT&T, O2, Sprint, Vodafone and Rogers. The official site for unlocking can be found from our iPhone unlocking partners below:
Please remember to comment!