If your device and iOS version matches any of the devices below then you can use this method to jailbreak your device and install cydia:
- iPhone 4 (GSM) on iOS 4.0 to 4.0.1, 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPhone 4 (CDMA) on iOS 4.2.6 to 4.2.8
- iPhone 3GS on iOS 3.1.2 to 4.0.1, 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPhone 3G on iOS 3.1.2 to 4.0.1
- iPhone 2G on iOS 3.1.2 to 3.1.3
- iPod Touch 1st generation on iOS 3.1.2 to 3.1.3
- iPod Touch 2nd generation on iOS 3.1.2 to 4.0
- iPod Touch 3rd generation on iOS 4.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.3
- iPod Touch 4th generation on iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPad 2 on iOS 4.3.3
- iPad 1 on iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3
Jailbreaking your device is rather an easy and straight forward process, but here are few tips to make that you will have a smooth jailbreak:
Follow the instructions below:
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet.
- Launch “Safari” on your device and go to “www.jailbreakme.com”.
- Slide the “slide to jailbreak”.
- Now just wait, your device is being jailbroken. You will see the following:
Once you see the following message on your screen “Cydia has been added to your home screen. Have fun!”. Congratulations you have just completed jailbreaking your device.