How To Jailbreak/Unlock iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Using Redsn0w For IOS 4.3.3 [Windows / Mac]
• This report is only meant for iphone 4 and iphone 3GS users. It you are using ipod touch or ipad and you want to jailbreak your device, just check my blog for your tutorial.
• Please note that jailbreaking your iPhone may void your warranty so its at your own risk
• After the jailbreaking process is complete, then you can install foreign themes and application on your phone
• Please make sure you are usint the latest version of iTunes. either iTunes 10.2 or upgraded version
So let’s begin, I will be guiding you step by step
• Download Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 (mac and Windows) and make sure the application is in the folder named “Redsn0w” on your desktop. (check my blog for the download link)
• next, is to download iOS 4.3.3 firmware file (I will advice you to download with firefox or chrome):
iPhone 4 users download (iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw)
iPhone 3GS users download (iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw). you can download this on apple website or check my blog.
• Double click the Redsn0w zip file and extract the application to the Redsn0w folder.
• now you should connect your iPhone to your computer, and itunes will be launched automatically
You will have to skip step 5 and 6 six if you have already upgraded your iphone to iOS 4.3.3
• On the ‘Devices’ section in the left page of iTunes, choose your iPhone device. Now, hold down the Shift button (Option button for Mac users) and click the ‘Restore’ button.
• Go to the Redsn0w folder on the desktop and select the downloaded iOS 4.3.3 firmware file. (make sure you download the correct one for your device) Now click on the ‘Choose’ button and iTunes wiil update your iPhone with the downloaded firmware. You will be asked to setup your iPhone from a previous backup or setup as a new iPhone, select the backup you want for your device and wait for iTunes to finish the processing.
• Scroll back to the Redsn0w folder that is on your desktop and open the Redsn0w application in it. Windows 7 users should run the exe in Windows XP compatibility mode (right-click on the Redsn0w exe and select Properties, then select the Compatibility tab and choose “Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP”). And windows XP/Windows 7 users should run Redsn0w as ‘administrator’ (right-click on the Redsn0w exe and select ‘Run as an Administrator’).
• You will be asked to select the corresponding IPSW file. Click on the Browse button and select the iOS 4.3.3 firmware file (iPhone 4 users select: iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw, iPhone 3GS users select: iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw).
• Redsn0w will verify the firmware file and it will tell you if it has been successfully identified. Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
• Redsn0w will now start to prepare the jailbreak data.
• You will now be asked to select the jailbreak method you would prefer. Make sure you select Cydia and click ‘Next’.
• You will now be prompted to switch OFF your iPhone and plug it to the computer. Follow the instructions and click on ‘Next’ to move to the next screen:
• the next things is, You will need to put your iPhone in the DFU mode. Redsn0w will promte you the steps needed.
– Now hold the Power button on iPhone down for 3 seconds.
– make sure you simultaneously hold the iPhone and keep the two buttons pressed for 10 seconds. ( the power botton and the home botton)
(c) Gently release the Power button while keeping the Home button pressed until Redsn0w identifies the device:
• Your iPhone will automatically reboot itself.
• Redsn0w will now begin to upload the new RAM disk and kernel to your phone.
• It will notify you when the jailbreaking is complete. now click the ‘Finish’ button to exit the application.
• Your iPhone will reboot once again (which could take approximately 5 minutes before it turns back On, don’t worry your phone is safe). After rebooted, that means you =have successfully jailbreak your iphone.Just scroll to your main screen and you will find cydia application sitting there. Just open it and start downloading.
if you want more tutorial on your iphone or you want to unlock your iphone just check out my blog at www.iphonenosim.com. Thanks
Author: hafis shittu