A Guide to Activating the Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 4S and 5 without updating to iOS 6
Today, we will be telling you are about how to activate your unlocked iPhone without the need to update to the latest iOS 6 firmware.
You might have received an email that tells you that your iPhone has been unlocked. You then need to restore it with iTunes but at the cost of losing your data or the iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak. No need to panic, as now, you can activate your unlocked device without losing your data and while keeping your iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak.
A Guide to Activating the Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 4S and 5 without updating to iOS 6:-
Using SAM tool for Activation
The SAM tool can be used to activate iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5.
- Jailbreak the iPhone.
- Add the following source on //repo.bingner.com in Cydia:
- Install SAMPrefs from the source.
- A yellow icon should not be seen on the home screen that says ‘SAMPrefs’. Open it.
- Navigate to utilities and deactivate the iPhone.
- Insert the SIM card you want to use.
- Open iTunes to activate the device.
- After activation you will receive a message that will state that the iPhone has been unlocked.
Using Redsn0w for Activation
This method activates iPhone 4, 4S and 5.
- Download Redsn0w.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer and open Redsn0w. (Make sure you have inserted a SIM into the phone)
- Click on the ‘Jailbreak’ option. The iPhone will then be connected in the ‘Normal’ mode but will need to be placed in the DFU mode.
- The build version will be detected by Redsn0w.
- A number of options will be shown, check ‘Deactivate’ and uncheck all further options including Cydia.
- After Deactivation has completed, remove SIM car and turn off the device.
- Turn the iPhone on and connect it with iTunes. Insert the SIM card and keep your fingers crossed. An unlock confirmation message should now be displayed by iTunes.
That’s all there is to the Redsn0w activation method.
Activation Using Wi-Fi
This method can be used on iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5.
- Connect to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- If the confirmation has been received for the unlock, go ahead and remove the official SIM card from the iPhone.
- Insert some other SIM card (apart from the official one) and a message saying ‘activation required’ will pop up.
- If the device is connected to an active Wi-Fi network the iOS will do all that is needed.
These steps have been tested and they work. Hope they worked out for you; you can go ahead and take a look at the factory unlocking service as well that is the only reliable service that actually works.
Related To Unlocked iPhone 4 4S and 5 :
Find us on Facebook
- DND Pro Jailbreak app gives control over iOS Do Not Disturb feature
- WhatsApp new iOS 7 design updated with broadcast list and more
- Tweet bot 3.2 iPhone app includes Night mode, Account Switching and more
- Yelp app for iPhone makes you Reserve your Restaurant
- Audio Recorder app to Record a Call on iPhone